While many builders assign someone to work with the home buyer during construction, Phil oversees every aspect of each home he builds. He offers suggestions to help make the home special, establishes the schedule for building the home and supervises every step of construction. To meet home buyers expectations, Phil is constantly refining a customer-driven process that allows his company to create homes that achieve exceptional quality, distinctive style and appreciating values.
He has high expectations for his customers both in quality and completing the home on time. Phil has spent years assembling a professional design team and a network of quality trade contractors on a quarterly basis. These meetings provide the entire building team with an opportunity to review the process and set goals for the coming months. The interaction eliminates surprises and smoothes the process for everyone connected with the project, including the client. It’s also led to a number of innovations that make it possible to achieve the quality-time guarantee which sets Gaskill Custom Homes apart from other builders.
Phil knows that building a home can be overwhelming, but the same structure that maintains order with the trade contractors also allows home buyers to make decisions in manageable phases. The process becomes less daunting for the home buyer, without sacrificing the construction time line. By working with like-minded professionals, Gaskill’s home buyers are assured of quality materials and workmanship.
- 1994 – Present
- Founder and President of Gaskill Custom Homes Bakersfield
- Projects: Sole focus is custom & semi-custom homes.
- 1991 – 1994
- Co-founded Gaskill & Company Builders – Bakersfield
- Projects: Seven Oaks block walls, commercial projects, custom & semi-custom homes, etc.
- V.P. Operations for Coleman Construction in Bakersfield, Las Vegas, Inland Empire
- Projects: 600+ apartments, 1,000+ homes, shopping centers, office buildings, etc.
- 1972 – 1983
- Project Manager for two general contractors – San Francisco, Los Angeles and Honolulu
- Projects: High rise offices, high rise condos, school, computer labs, Pier #39, shopping centers, etc.
- 1968 – 1971
- Military Vietnam 1970-71 Captain – Corps of Engineers
- Masters Degree – Construction Management / Stanford University
- Bachelors Degree – Agricultural Engineering / Rutgers University